Finding the Right Teacher
When you choose a music teacher, whether just for personal enjoyment or to prepare for exams, you need to consider their:
- Musical education & background
- Level of experience
- Studio Atmosphere
- Program(s) offered
Before committing to lessons, you should:
- Set up an interview and trial lesson with prospective teachers
- Do they make you feel comfortable?
- Do you understand them?
- Do they understand and support YOUR goals?
Why study with a Registered Music Teacher or NSRMTA Affiliate?
- You are assured of their qualifications
- They have progressive ideas on music education
- They have opportunities for professional development
- They provide access to performance opportunities
- They are connected to the music community
NSRMTA Student Opportunities:
- NSRMTA Recitals
- Music Festivals & Competitions
- Scholarship Competition
- Bi-annual AtlanticYoung Artists Series Competition
- and more!